Napoli director Cristiano Giuntoli is in intensive negotiations with Lille, hoping to finally convince Victor Osimhen to join the club in Naples.
According to L’Equipe, the deal is done for €81m. The 21-year-old forward has been linked with a number of European clubs following his eye-catching performances for Christophe Galtier’s men in the 2019-20 season.
The 21-year-old Nigerian forward already visited the Napoli training facilities, plus the homes of coach Gennaro Gattuso and President Aurelio De Laurentiis.
A week ago, Osimhen was in Naples last week for transfer talks and visited the Napoli training facilities.
Brother-in-law Osita Okolo told CalcioNapoli24: “Victor went to Naples with his representatives. We talked and exchanged views on the city: the impressions were good, to tell you the truth.
“Victor isn’t always shy, although he would’ve preferred to make an important decision with less media exposure.
“After meeting De Laurentiis, Giuntoli and Gattuso, he told me he needed some time to make a decision, without any pressure.
According to multiple reports, including Sky Sport Italia, Sportitalia and the Corriere dello Sport, Napoli director Giuntoli met Lille President Gerard Lopez and Osimhen’s new intermediaries for more face-to-face negotiations on Monday.
He hopes to sweep aside the remaining doubts and convince Osimhen that this is the best step for his career.
The cost of the operation will be in the region of €50m plus Ounas, according to the Corriere dello Sport, which will bring the total up to L’Equipe’s evaluation of €81m.